After last year’s treehouse 5k and 10k, we had many compliments about the delicious flapjack in the goody bags. This was all made by treehouse school supporters, following the school’s special recipe. So if you’d like to recreate it, here is the recipe, great for a sweet treat after exercise.
Makes 16 slices in a 22cm square tin
100g demerera sugar
4 tablespoons of syrup
250g porridge oats
50g plain flour (or coconut as an alternative)
(Add 50g pumpkin/sunflower seeds/raisins if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease the tin well.
- Melt butter, sugar and syrup over a low heat stirring until dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Mix in oats and flour.
- Add seeds/raisins if required
- Press into the tin and bake for 15-20 mins until brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and cut into slices while still in the tin.
- Remove from tin when cool.
Treehouse School places healthy lifestyles at the centre of its approach, with meals being prepared from great raw ingredients by parents and friends. We’ve put some of our favourite recipes here on the school website – enjoy!